To help your child, become a better teacher!
A teacher is supposed to help the student learn. Leaning is hybrid of mechanisms that lead to gaining knowledge, understanding of how to do or how to be. However, to be a motivator one needs to first and foremost be motivated.
HOW TO MEASURE A TEACHER’S MOTIVATION :
- Investments: You will notice a teacher’s motivation through the investment they put into their calling, themselves, time, money and more. For example, how much time do they put into their preparation?
- How important is prayer for them? It is important for a teacher to be guided by the Spirit when they settle on what the objectives of the lesson will be or what material is best suited for their lesson. The teacher must also pray for his or her students so that they may be prepared to be taught.
- Through their ability to make a course or a lesson lovable. The Christian lifestyle is, in essence, the act of learning. Thus, the student is expected to learn throughout their life.
- Through the teacher’s belief in the learning capabilities of their students. Here it must be highligted that any student, with the right conditions, is capable of learning even if it first seems difficult. Most especially, in particular for a child said to be “difficult” the positive outlook and the relational context are decisive. The teacher must realize that he or she is not the first person to notice the child’s difficulty. In many cases, the child who has difficulties knows this himself or herself and it is frustrating to remind them. Thus, the teacher should not be confined by the logic of judging parents who have not played their role properly. The teacher’s duty is to succeed where others have failed. We must be careful not to make definitive what is only temporary. For a while, the child may have learning difficulties, but this period usually passes quickly. The child must be helped to acquire the confidence, the awakening and the desire to learn in order to succeed.
MAKE A GOOD PRE-ASSESSMENT
- What are the child’s pre-requisistes ?
- What was the objectives of previous lesson ?
- To what extend has this objective been achieved ?
MAKE DYNAMIC PREPARATION
The following are the questions you need ask yourself before you start preparing your lesson
- What should I teach? Based on what biblical text? Am I free to choose my subject? Do I have to follow the pre-established program?
- What will be the objective of the lesson? It is necessary to have an interesting objective, circumscribed and assimilable by the children and to justify the interest. What behaviors, reactions or ethical changes should the lesson produce in the learners? What knowledge will the learners have acquired after my lesson?
- How to show the usefulness of a lesson to the child? Ex: connecting learning with everyday situations.
- Will the conditions necessary for the proper conduct of the lesson be met?
- What will I need? Will I need the help of another educator?
- What are the most suitable educational tools that might help the child, and which could be of help in achieving their objective. This process must consider the needs of children and their capacity for assimilation.
- How to articulate, structure the use of these educational means (strategy)?
- By what means could we measure the achievement of the child as well as our own as teachers?
By Pst Assinapol